Try out this recipe of Winter Squash Soup. My favorite way to warm up, is to cook up some hot warm soup.
Our kids are 3, 4, 9 and 11 years-old. Pleasing each of their palettes can be tricky, but surprisingly they all love squash. This winter squash soup is not only yummy, it’s healthy too. And did I mention it won’t take all afternoon to make either (though, you can put this on low in the crock pot as well.).
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/4 large onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 cups 1-inch pieces butternut squash
- 4 cups 1-inch pieces acorn squash
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 drops Vitality Thyme essential oil
- 2 drops Vitality Sage essential oil
- 1 drop Vitality Black Pepper essential oil
- Melt coconut oil in large pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until soft, about 10 minutes. Add broth, squash, and salt; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until squash is very tender when poked with a fork, about 20 minutes. Puree soup with an immersion blender until smooth. Add essential oils and serve, adjusting seasonings to taste.