I have talked a lot about LAVENDER on this blog – well because it’s one of my favorites. When I received my Premium Starter Kit, the first essential oil to be opened? LAVENDER. So as we venture our way thru the various essential oils, it was only fitting for lavender to be in the mix as essential oil of the week.
Keep reading because we have an opportunity for you to win a bottle of Young Living Lavender (and more!)
Side note: Something that I noticed immediately with Young Living essential oils is the potency. The smell is STRONG and you are getting the real deal – seed to seal, grown, cultivated, tested and bottled BY Young Living on their farms.
Let’s talk about lavender….
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) has a fresh, sweet, floral, herbaceous aroma that is soothing and refreshing. Because it is the most versatile of all essential oils, no home should be without it.
- Add a few drops of lavender essential oil to a cotton ball and place it in closets and drawers to scent linens and repel moths and insects.
- Place a few drops of lavender essential oil on a wet cloth or dryer sheet to deodorize and freshen your laundry.
- Rub a few drops of lavender essential oil onto your hand and spread over your child’s pillow to help him/her rest and relax.
- Diffuse lavender essential oil to set the mood for a baby shower or social gathering.
- Diffuse or inhale lavender essential oil to calm your mind, body, and spirit after a hard day’s work.
Random fact: Did you know it takes Young Living 27 square feet of lavender plants to make ONE 15ml bottle?